- 5 Tomatoes
- 1 Green Onion
- Dried Bonito
- *3 tablespoon of Shiro-Dashi
- *2 tablespoon of Mirin(Japanese sweet rice wine)
- *1 tablespoon of Soy Sauce
- *1 tablespoon of Sugar
- *1 cup of Water
- Potato Starch
- vegetable oil
- Blanch Tomatoes in hot water.
- Wipe the Tomatoes with a paper towel to remove skin and dredge them in potato starch
- Make soup stock by mixing the following ingredients: Shiro-Dashi, Soy Sauce, Sugar, Water and heat it until the sugar dissolves
- In separate pan add enough oil to fry the tomatoes at 180 degrees.
- Remove tomatoes and place in serving dish.
- Put Dried Bonito and Green Onion on the fried Tomatoes.
- Pour small amount soup stock to taste.
What you need
Kikkoman Hon Tsuyu, 17-Ounce (Pack of 3)
Kikkoman Soy Sauce in Dispenser 5 fl oz
Kikkoman Manjo Aji Mirin (Sweet Cooking Rice Seasoning)- 17 oz.
Kaneso Tokuyou Hanakatsuo , Dried Bonito Flakes 3.52 Oz
Learn other recommended Healthy cuisines
【Japanese Recipe Video】Deep Fried Tomatoes with Soup Stock